There are many benefits of learning Python, especially as your first language, which we will discuss.
It is a language that is remarkably easy to learn, and it can be used as a stepping stone into other programming languages and frameworks. If you’re an absolute beginner and this is your first time working with any type of coding language, that’s something you definitely want.
Python is widely used, including by a number of big companies like Google, Pinterest, Instagram, Disney, Yahoo!, Nokia, IBM, and many others. The Raspberry Pi – which is a mini computer and DIY lover’s dream – relies on Python as it’s main programming language too. You’re probably wondering why either of these things matter, and that’s because once you learn Python, you’ll never have a shortage of ways to utilize the skill. Not to mention, since a lot of big companies rely on the language, you can make good money as a Python developer.
Other benefits include:
1) Python can be used to develop prototypes, and quickly because it is so easy to work with and read.
2) Most automation, data mining, and big data platforms rely on Python. This is because it is the ideal language to work with for general purpose tasks.
3) Python allows for a more productive coding environment than massive languages like C# and Java. Experienced coders tend to stay more organized and productive when working with Python, as well.
4) Python is easy to read, even if you’re not a skilled programmer. Anyone can begin working with the language, all it takes is a bit of patience and a lot of practice. Plus, this makes it an ideal candidate for use among multi-programmer and large development teams.
5) Python powers Django, a complete and open source web application framework. Frameworks – like Ruby on Rails – can be used to simplify the development process.
6) It has a massive support base thanks to the fact that it is open source and community developed. Millions of like-minded developers work with the language on a daily basis and continue to improve core functionality. The latest version of Python continues to receive enhancements and updates as time progresses. This is a great way to network with other developers.
Recommended Python Training
For Python training, our top recommendation is DataCamp.